This is intended to be a simple repository of content creation tricks and this entry #1:
Facebook Reel-to-Text Conversion:
Ripping audio from Facebook reels and Tiktoks. With the advent of ML it is sometimes nice to be able to analyze the text from Facebook reels using Large Language Models (LLMs).
- The audio channel in reels carries less information than you might expect due to the fact that much of the information is conveyed in the visual part of the reel.
- Nonetheless, it is occasionally useful to summarize the information in the reel.
- Flixier can be used, but there is an extra step since it cannot rip videos directly from Facebook, as it doesn't have login permission to Facebook.
- First, you have to download the Facebook reel video to your machine,
- Then you can upload it to Fixier and use Subtitles to rip the video.
Prune the URL first as it contains a suffix with massive unneeded URL intel.
Usually everything after the reel ID and the ? can be deleted:
The URL should look like this:
Now the file will appear in the Flixier Librarry, but you have to drag it down to the editing bar before it will let you rip the audio.
If you are doing further text processing be sure to choose the option to NOT include timestamps, otherwise, the text will be cluttered with them: